Friday, May 8, 2009

Doodles in Brass

I am a doodler - I have notebooks and sketchbooks full of odd little design bits, drawings and architectural details. Until a few months ago I had no idea these could be turned into wonderful custom art pieces by transferring the drawings to brass. (There is a fabulous artist on Etsy who cuts both brass and silver to help you turn your doodles into fabulous art you can add into your designs. You can find her shop here: strozzistawzeeh or you can give brass cutting a try - check out this article)
The pieces here were from my sketchbook - I had so much fun drawing them and now even more fun wearing them.So if you can't find the perfect pendant, you know that piece in your dream design - create it yourself - go on, give it a try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous! and what a wonderful idea :)

Som's Studio said...

These are stunning...had no idea that these could be done!